About West Alameda
West Alameda - A Diverse Food, Arts, and Entertainment District
West Alameda includes:
- Webster Street District - a historic district with boutiques, restaurants offering a variety of cuisines and local hangout spots.
- Alameda Landing - Alameda's newest shopping center with Target, Safeway, and Michaels.
- Alameda Point - Located in the heart of the Bay Area on the island city of Alameda, Alameda Point, the former Naval Air Station, is evolving with new neighborhoods scheduled to open in 2021. Creative reuse of military buildings and plans for new construction are in progress. Offering panoramic views of the San Francisco skyline, Alameda Point is home to historic buildings, important wildlife habitat, and a unique shoreline and open space landscape on the Bay.
- Ballena Bay - lots of water activities with a stand-up paddle water sports, marina, yacht club, and sailing school along with a number of small service businesses
The West End of Alameda is the home to future growth and evolution of the island. Multiple residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects in the pipeline take advantage of the area's resources including developable land, stunning views, waterfront access, and the charm of a historic business district.
Parking, Cycling, and a Variety of Transit Options
West Alameda enjoys a variety of ways to welcome residents, shoppers, employees, and visitors to explore the area. Parking is free and plentiful at Alameda Landing, Ballena Bay, and Alameda Point. Webster Street Historic District offers a parking lot as well as on-street parking.
The newly opened Cross Alameda Trail (CAT) flanks the north side of the district and will ultimately connect cyclists from the Fruitvale bridge to the Main Street Ferry terminal. Bicycle lockers and stands are conveniently located adjacent to the CAT at Webster & Ralph Appezzatto Memorial Parkway.
AC Transit offers seven different bus lines through West Alameda providing quick connections to Downtown Oakland and the 12th street BART station. In addition, the Alameda Loop Shuttle is free to ride.
About the West Alameda Business Association
The West Alameda Business Association (WABA) is dedicated to supporting and promoting local businesses in the Webster Business District, Alameda Landing, Alameda Point, Ballena Bay, and other West Alameda businesses (west of Grand Street) in order to promote a vibrant business and community environment.
Vision for West Alameda
West Alameda is a key economic driver for the island with new mixed-use neighborhoods and a charming, historic Main Street District on Webster Street. The area boasts opportunity to a diverse array of businesses including local boutiques, innovators in technology, and award-winning craft beverages.
- Connections with community leaders and stakeholders, advocating on behalf of our members.
- Audiences through our marketing initiatives and events.
- Community with new visitors from throughout the surrounding region inviting them to our emerging arts & entertainment district.